Friday, April 04, 2008

Friday the 4th - I made a HAT!

So I woke up this morning, with the stomach ache still there! It just won't go away!!! Stomach ache is just something I can not deal with! We shall see how the day goes. Also it did not help that I woke up and my throat was hurting me, as well as my nose was a little stuffed up [although my nose cleared within the hour].

Around 2pm I decided I had enough, and it was time to head home. Just my luck, stupid me left my lights on in my car and I killed my battery! So in the oh so lovely weather, two of the guys from my work gave me a hand and helped boost my car. Talk about bad luck at the wrong time!! All I wanted to do is come home, curl up in a ball and sleep!!! I stopped at the pharmacy on the way home, to ask the pharmacist if she can suggest anything. I don't want to take anything and mix it with the pantaloc. Although the only thing she suggested was to not take my pill tomorrow and see if the ache goes away. So all I can do is sit and wait for it to go away! Since I had not eaten since 8:30 AM, I stopped at Tim Horton's and got myself a bagel and a large tea [for my throat]. At least I was able to eat it!! It is weird though, right now it's more like a deep sinking feeling in the bottom of my stomach.

Oh.My.God.What.The.Hell.Is.With.This.Snow.In.April?!?! I think I recall last year it snowing in April! So much for spring starting! Hopefully it does not keep up!

So this afternoon I got quite a bit of knitting done while watching the rest of Season 8 of Full House. Oreo and I chilled in bed all day, since my stomach was really bad! He kept me good company though!

My progress around 6 pm - before getting the stitch markers [which by the way can be bought at Robyn's online store]


Oreo I guess found me boring LOL

I literally sat in bed an knitting all day and night long! I braked around 7 pm to pass by my sisters house to pick up and buy some stitch markers off her. I had convinced Mark to drive me, as I still was not feeling good. My sister had made me 3 lovely ones as a gift [with the letters of my name], but I needed 6 of them for my hat. After finishing the easy part of just knitting all they around for 6 and half inches, I ran into a little trouble. Unfortunately my sister had some guests over, and I didn't want to call her and bother her so I called up my cousin Jenn. Let me tell you, it is a little confusing to hear over the phone how to do it. I kept getting confused for the slip slip knot [SSK], but by watching a video I was able to understand what to do. [Thanks again Jenn!]

Folks - We have a hat!!!

Me modelling my NEW hat :) [ignore my ugliness in the picture]

Top View :)


Specs:

Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers Cobalt Heather #9457
Pattern: Lime Hat - Free Pattern - Given to me by my sister [not sure where she found it]
Purchased: Online from Robyn's Nest
Needle: US 7 / 4.5 MM
Size: 6 1/2 in
Cast On: Tuesday, March 25th 2008 - Cast Off - Friday, April the 4th.
Modifications: Don't think there was any
Opinion: Love it!!! Very easy knit.

Okay so my hat is only 95% done. I still need to finish off the piece inside, so whenever I see my sister or cousin, I will definitely need their help. I think I just might be ready to tackle some socks now - what do you think Robyn??? I am getting good at this LOL!

So I learnt something new about my laptop today. I tried uploading pictures from my SD card by putting it into the card reader integrated in my laptop - and odd things started happening!! My laptop froze, then the screen went blue with white lines all over. Then it proceeded to reboot on its own, and would not load into windows with the card in the slot. I remove it and it finally loaded into windows. I tried Mark's SD card from his camera, to see if it were the SD card or the slot on the side of the laptop - and it did the exact same thing. Tomorrow I will bring it into my work to have it checked out.

However, this usually means it's integrated on the main board, and to fix it I will have to get a refurbished motherboard for my laptop and change that! Some of the time when changing the main board, Windows will have to be reinstalled. Grumble! Of course, the kicker is that my laptops warranty ended February that just passed! Although thankfully my visa, which it was purchased upon doubles my warranty to a maximum of 1 year. So since MSI [the brand of my laptop] offers two years on the warranty, I have a third year with Visa. So Monday I shall be calling them to see what they can do for me!! Keeping my fingers crossed. Although I will get the final verdict of the issue tomorrow at work from my technician. Always my luck!!

Well it just passed midnight, my stomach ache was lessened just a bit and I have to work tomorrow at 9 am! So I shall be going to bed!

4 comments:

kayla37 said...

omg your hat is soo cute!!! :)

kayla37 said...

omg i love your hate, its soo cute!! :)

Montreal Mama said...

You're hat is like 99% done. You don't really count the weaving in part as 5%!

HOLY CRAP! YOU HAVE A HAT!

MAZEL TOV!!!

So proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer Lori said...

Yay! Hat! congratulations Amy!